Hair today, gone tomorrow

 


As we all know, I look pretty great with no hair. See exhibit A: my senior picture from high school. Last week my hair started falling out. It was a little earlier than expected. I was thinking that I had at least until my second round of chemo, but I was getting fists full of hair when I tried to wash and style it. So, this weekend I decided that it’s time to shave it all off. 



Steve and Eva got to man the clippers. We tried to have a little fun with it, so he made a mohawk before shaving it all the way off. I’m thankful that I’ve never been too attached to my hair and I’ve always been willing to try anything. I’ve had long hair, short hair, pink hair, blue hair, and no hair. It was a little bit sad this time shaving my head because it wasn’t really my choice, and I’m going to be stuck with a bald head for the better part of a year. I think that might be the longest stretch of time that I’ve ever stuck with the same haircut! My biggest concern at this point is keeping my head warm through winter. Good thing I have some really cute yarn to work with!


The bonuses of having a shaved head are that it’s super fast to get ready in the morning, and I get to put all my hair care products in long term storage in the cupboard. My shower and vanity feel so nice and tidy. It can be kind itchy and sometimes painful when your hair falls out from chemo. Luckily, mine hasn’t hurt too much, but it is nice that I can slather lotion all over my head now when it’s feeling itchy and dry. Plus, I think Eva likes feeling my fuzzy head while I still have some hair. It’s super sweet and I love it!


Comments

  1. You look so beautiful in your bottom pic! Praying for this round sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought in that last pic: she looks like GI Jane!!!!! Rocking’ it as always Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought in that last pic: she looks like GI Jane!!!!! Rocking’ it as always Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, you are totally rocking the no hair!! I love your bold style!! And your joy through the ashes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been praying for you Amanda and will continue to pray! You have a great attitude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sent to you from Rebecca's mother in law, Mary

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not the update I wanted

Still alive!

Too much fun to stop!!