Still alive!

Does this look like someone with brain cancer?!?

I am beyond grateful for my oncology team and the many nurses supporting me. I did not want brain surgery, but I trusteed that they knew me and what is important to me and my treatment. My oncologist got me to United hospital and they have taken good care of me here. 

I had a good sized lump removed from the back of my brain. They have worked to wean down my pain meds and remove the drainage tube. I got a shower today and will go home by the end of the week. It feels pretty good for brain surgery! 

The pathology came back as the same breast cancer, which was to be expected and I think is good. We plan to treat the tumor bed with focused radiation to kill off anything that couldn't be cut out. Then I'll get a combination of chemo drugs that will protect my brain better this time. 

Prayer
That there is limited to no side effects of the radiation and new chemo. 

Pray for continued recovery from surgery. I’m feeling pretty good and ready to go home. 

Prayer for good balance for rollerskating. I’m going to have to be patient and work my way up. 

Praise
That I knew something was wrong and was able to get treatments quickly

That the tumor was relatively easy to remove and the doctors have more medicine to treat it with

For super cute hair that covers up brain surgery scars

Comments

  1. Thankful for your amazing doctors and for your intuition to act when you felt not right! love you and we can roller skate together when you are ready…holding hands for friend support ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not the update I wanted

Too much fun to stop!!